Kids can be very fidgety and sometimes this can get on any parent’s nerves. Other times they can be low and bored. This is because kids have a short attention span. This can make it a bit difficult to handle and keep them entertained. One of the surest ways of doing just that is to involve them in crafts. For years dinosaurs have fascinated kids and incorporating them in their crafts is sure to keep them happily busy for a while.
How to teach your kid how to make their own dinosaur eggs.
You will need:
- 1 1/4 cups dirt
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
- 3/4 cups salt
- 1/2 cup sand
- Plastic Dinosaurs
How to make dinosaur eggs:
- Mix together dirt, flour, salt and sand.
- Slowly stir in water to create a dough, clay-like texture
- Mold the dough around one of the plastic dinosaurs
- let the eggs dry thoroughly. This may take all day or several days depending on the weather.
You can use this same recipe to create other kind of critter eggs as well. Use the dry eggs for scavenger hunts, dinosaur party favors or other fun dinosaur themed activities.
Latest posts by Jess (see all)
- Teach your kids math through cooking? Here is how. - September 18, 2015
- Want smart kids? Try TV instead of preschool - September 17, 2015
- Where preschools are doing it totally wrong! - September 16, 2015