Are you looking for activities for toddlers to keep them busy, happy, and learning? We thought so!
Toddlers are the active movers and shakers of our world. When they are on the go, they are on the go!
It might look like just child’s play, but toddlers are hard at work learning important physical skills as they gain muscle control, balance, and coordination. Each new skill lets them progress to the next one, building on a foundation that leads to more complicated physical tasks… Kids Health
Repetition, in toddler play is good for learning, but it’s great to switch things up and create some challenges sometimes too!
Fun Activities For Toddlers
Here are some playtime favorites for active bodies and short attention spans via Howdini:
- Puzzles – brain development, fine motor skills, eye coordination, and more!
- Chase – movement, anticipation, an energy burn, and bonding
- Finger Painting – a fun and messy activity that stimulates the senses
- Building Forts – imagination and make believe
- Have a Ball – coordination and observation
You may know that the American Academy of Pediatrics and other experts recommend limiting screen time in exchange for active, engaged play. But once you’ve turned off the TV and powered down the iPhone, you may be thinking, “Now what?” Try these 10 ways to get your kiddo started on an active life…
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- 7 of the Best Learning Toys for Toddlers! - December 6, 2016
- 7 Fun And Engaging Counting Activities For Toddlers - September 8, 2016
- 6 Ways To Celebrate The First Day Of Preschool With Your Little One - September 6, 2016