Aaah, summer – that long anticipated stretch of lazy, lingering days, free of responsibility and rife with possibility. It’s a time to hunt for insects, master handstands, practice swimming strokes, conquer trees, explore nooks and crannies, and make new friends. ~Darel Hammond
This list of fun summer activities has something for all ages!
Fun Summer Activites For Kids
- Write A Summer Bucket List- this idea comes via PopSugar Moms and is a fabulous one!
- Make homemade ice cream 30 Easy Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- Play some water games Water Games, Parenting.com
- Make a slip and slide! DIY Slip n’ Slide
- Wait til dark – catch fireflies and roast marshmallows
- Create an obstacle course Make Your Own Backyard Course
- Make bubble art Summer Bubble Pain Project
- Visit a local farmer’s market. Kids can help choose food then cook a meal.
- Clothesline Art Show Family Education Activity
- Take a hike or nature walk
- Head to the park and feed the ducks
- Start a lemonade stand and help children learn about entrepreneurship
- Play in the sprinklers
- Create with sidewalk chalk
- Wash the car together
DIY: 3 Summer Activities! | Kids Outside The Box
DIY Outdoor Games For Summer
DIY Summer Activities | TheMamaMixer
Happy Summer! Have an activity that your kids love? Share it in the comments!