As parents, we always seem to be on the lookout to find the best learning toys for our toddlers that will help develop their fine motor skills while also teaching them about shapes, colors, numbers, letters, and music.
There are so many different learning toys to choose from it can be quite overwhelming and as we always want the best for our children we at times can struggle to find the best toys that our little ones will love.
We have conducted some research and discovered 7 of our top picks for the best learning toys for toddlers that you need to check out!
What to Look For in Learning Toys.
- Age appropriate – Ensure you get toddler aged toys (12 months to 36 months)
- Can it help with fine motor skills?
- Does it allow your child to have fun and explore the item?
- Is it strong and durable?
- Does it offer plenty of play opportunities?
- Is it worth the money?
What Are the Benefits of Learning Toys?
Toys help our children develop a huge range of skills including:
- Fine motor skills
- Physical Abilities
- Mental and Cognitive Skills
- Language and Social Skills
Best Learning Toys for Your Toddler – Our Top 7 Picks!
An Amazon #1 Best Seller for Toddlers aged 9 months to 3 years old.
The Vtech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker helps your baby grow confidence from being a crawler to a walker.
An activity center that is sure to keep your little one busy features 2 colorful spinning rollers, 3 shape sorters and 3 light up buttons.
It also comes with over 70 sing-along songs, music, sound effects and fun phrases.
The main interactive panel disconnects from the walker base which allows for babies to play with it while sitting down or while they are on their tummy.
- Suitable for girls and boys.
- Good quality and easy to put together.
- Helps Toddlers gain confidence to walk.
- When your little one tries to stand up at the Walker, it may roll away causing your baby to fall over.
These are sure to keep your little ones busy for hours.
Perfect for little hands to help develop fine motor skills and comes with the storage bag to aid with quick and easy clean ups. Perfect for boys and girls (and moms and dads love them too).
- Available in a range of colors.
- Large blocks that an ideal for little hands.
- Easy to put together and pull apart.
- Can be used to learn to count and recognize
- May find you need more than one bag to make a few of the larger items.
The Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Baby’s First Blocks are perfect for little ones to learn shapes, counting, and colors. Suitable for children aged 6 months to 3 Years old and comes with 10 colorful blocks that are easy to pick up and hold.
All 10 blocks can be stored in the handle bucket, and the lid can be removed for easy access. A simple toy that is educational and a great way to challenge your little ones!
- High rated learning toy.
- Easy for little hands to pick up and hold.
- The lid may come off too easily.
Children enjoy fitting them into one another, stacking them up to build a tower, hiding items under the cups or placing items in them. They can be used for counting and recognizing colors. Easy to handle and easy to keep clean as they are dishwasher safe. Stacking cups are a must have in all toy baskets.
- Simple design that allows the cups to be used many ways.
- Easy for small hands to hold and easy to wash.
- May not stack well.
The octopus floats in the water and comes with three rings that your little one needs to place over the tentacles. This helps develop your child’s hand-eye coordination. They can also learn by identifying the different shapes and colors on the rings. The Nuby Octopus is bound to make bathtime fun!
- Rings are easy for little hands to grip onto.
- No holes in the bottom for mold to get stuck in.
- Smaller than it actually looks.
- May find rings hard to get onto the octopus legs.
Peg Toy Building Set
The peg and play toy building set is a popular choice for not only the older toddlers but, the younger ones too! The manufacturer recommended age is from 1month and up.
A reasonably priced activity that includes a foam peg board, 50 colorful pegs and a secure storage bag!
A toy that will keep children busy learning fine motor skills, colors, sorting, stacking and counting, this is fast becoming a top choice for parents and kids!
- Has many shapes and colors
- Easy to use
- Suit a large age range of children
- May be difficult to wash the pegs if they were to get dirty.
Features include 5 colorful piano buttons that make sounds and 2 modes of play (interactive and learning mode).
The Vtech musical rhymes book is designed for children 6 months to 3 years and is visually stimulating with bright pages and colorful pictures.
A fantastic way to get kids to love reading books!
- Bright and Colorful
- Helps build fine motor skills
- Easy to turn pages
- Can be heavy for younger children to hold.
- Younger children may get their fingers pinched between pages.
There are so many fabulous toddler toys available that it is worth putting in the research so you can find toys that fit within your budget while also providing your children with plenty of play and learning opportunities.
We hope you find a favorite for your child amongst our list of the best learning toys for toddlers!